A VoIP Service Can Be Beneficial to Your Business
To run a successful business today takes innovation – and this includes using innovative technologies. Hopefully, you’re already using IT solutions that increase your productivity and efficiency. But have you done the same with your phone service?
Small and medium-sized businesses like yours need the same advanced and reliable communication solutions that large enterprises use. You want a solution that won’t be expensive or frustrating to use. VoIP, or voice-over-IP (Internet-Protocol), offers a reliable and economical way to communicate with your business partners, customers, and vendors. It’s an option you should consider – We’ll tell you why.
A VoIP Business Phone Solution Is:
- Economical – It slashes your telecommunication costs and doesn’t require extra installation and maintenance fees.
- User-friendly – It’s straightforward to use. There’s no need for training.
- Dependable –Your hosted VoIP system is monitored and maintained for reliability 24/7.
- Convenient – You and your staff can answer calls from remote locations via a laptop or your mobile phone.
- Scalable –You pay per seat so you can easily add and delete phones and adjust options according to the evolving needs of your business.
Switching to VoIP can be close to transparent for your users. They won’t have to spend time learning how to use it, and you won’t have to spend money training them.
How Does VoIP Work?
VoIP uses the Internet to transmit calls as opposed to the old circuit-switched mode that traditional telephone service utilizes. However, VoIP Business Phones aren’t much different from the business phones you already use. They have the same features and are just as easy to use – and they come with handsets, speakers, receivers, and button placements you’re already familiar with.
The difference is that you’re using the Internet to place and receive calls instead of relying on old-fashioned phone lines. The voice signals are converted into data packets that can be sent over an IP network. The IP data packets are then transformed into a regular telephone signal. This way, if the person on the other end of the call is using a regular telephone, they can receive your call and speak as they normally would.
Business VoIP service is a more sophisticated, commercial version of consumer VoIP. It offers PBX (private branch exchange) capabilities, conference calling, desk-to-desk calling, music-on-hold, automated attendants, and more. They also come with a toggle button that allows you to choose between current, incoming, and on-hold calls. You won’t find this feature on traditional phones.
VoIP service can be provided via your existing Internet connection, an IP connection from a provider, or a combination of both. You and your staff can make calls from anywhere you have an internet connection.
VoIP Business Phone Service:
- Uses a high-speed Internet connection so you can make and receive phone calls without relying on telephone lines.
- Saves you money on long-distance calling and offers increased flexibility for you and your staff.
- Allows you to access your phone system, including voice mail, anywhere there’s an Internet connection.
- Is a smart option for your workforce that travels or works from home.
- Is scalable, allowing you to adjust and expand your phone services as your business needs change.
- Is available even when phone lines are down and the power is out.
What Are The Benefits Of Using VoIP Phone Service?
VoIP is affordable. You’ll enjoy predictable budgeting because your monthly rate stays the same regardless of how many calls you and your staff make, or where you’re calling (even internationally). And with VoIP, you’ll no longer be paying for telephone equipment that will soon be obsolete. Everything is covered with your monthly fee.
VoIP Business Phones provide additional cost-savings by lowering the costs of your on-site communications infrastructure. They utilize your existing data network cabling to minimize hardware redundancy. In comparison, an on-site PBX uses hardware that must be purchased and installed in addition to your existing data network infrastructure equipment.
You’ll benefit from:
- Unlimited calling around the world.
- All the hardware and upgrades you need at a low price.
- Calling features that aren’t available with traditional phone systems.
- Smooth transition from your current business phone system to VoIP.
- Installation, maintenance, and 24/7 support.
VoIP Business Phones Provide Business Continuity During A Disaster
When the power is out, and phone lines are down, you still need to make and receive calls to keep your business running. With a VoIP Business Phone system, you’ll have the ability to do this.
VoIP phones are powered by Power over Ethernet (PoE) rather than a traditional power adapter. If the electricity is off for any reason, you can still make and receive calls.
You can also call remotely from your smartphone and pick up messages from auto-attendants that function via voicemail-to-email, so you can stay up and running even if power and Internet access go down.
When reviewing your business phone system, it’s easy to see how many advantages there are to using a VoIP Business Phone system. When compared to traditional business phones, hosted VoIP is the winner when it comes to affordability, flexibility, and scalability.
To stay up to date on VoIP Business Phones and other technologies today, visit our Blog. Here are a few articles that may interest you.