Proactive monitoring (often referred to as Remote Monitoring and Management) continually monitors the stability and security of your IT system for maximum uptime. It tracks and maintains your desktops, routers, mobile devices, and networks from a centralized console. This service is non-intrusive, won’t interrupt your IT operations, and keeps your IT assets running securely and efficiently.
Why Do I Need Proactive Monitoring?
Your IT system requires regular patching and upgrades, and needs ongoing maintenance to ensure all the elements integrate correctly, securely, and function as they should. Proactive monitoring handles all of this, so you don’t have to. When maintenance is required, it’s performed after your work hours to avoid disruptions to your workflow.
With Proactive Monitoring, You’ll Benefit From:
- Improved reliability and efficiency.
- Increased security for your computers, network, and data.
- Longer life for your IT assets for a better ROI.
- Remote Troubleshooting when you have technology issues.
- Remote Patch Management as soon as patches are released.
- Remote Upgrades as soon as they are released.
- Real-Time Reports about the health of your IT infrastructure.
Your tech company won’t have to come onsite to find that your server or hard drive has failed, or if a UPS battery needs to be replaced. They can deal with IT issues before they cause you real problems. Proactive monitoring continually monitors the health of all your IT assets to detect failures or security issues. In most instances, problem areas are repaired offsite without a visit to your office.
How Does All This Help Our Business?
Proactive monitoring is crucial for professional maintenance of your network. It allows technicians to securely connect to your workstations and servers any time you need them. Think of it like a guard who stands by 24/7 to keep your technology running as it should.
It will improve your business operations and efficiency with:
- No more costly downtimes. Proactive monitoring and early detection prevents time-consuming downtime and lost productivity.
- Immediate problem resolution, sometimes before you even know there’s an issue.
- Real-time, online troubleshooting where we remotely repair your computers to detect the issues you may be experiencing and promptly resolve them so you can get right back to work.
- The peace of mind you need to know that your IT system and computer devices are protected and functioning as they should.
- The information about your technology that you need to make informed decisions about future plans for updating hardware and software.
What Other Features Are Included With Proactive Monitoring?
Remote Control To Detect Issues You’re Dealing With And Repair Them On The Spot
It’s so frustrating when something on your computer isn’t working. You try everything, but you still can’t get it to work correctly. Now, you can contact us and an engineer will remotely detect the problem and resolve it for you. If it can’t be fixed remotely, a tech will come to your site to inspect the device in person. (We can remotely repair Windows®, Mac®, and Unix®-based systems.)
Patches are often required to fix existing problems (bugs) after the initial release of a software application. Most apply to security issues, so it’s important that they are applied as soon as they’re released. With Proactive Management, patches will be deployed and implemented automatically. You won’t miss critical updates that keep IT secure and running reliably.
You won’t need to manually install software on your devices. With proactive monitoring and management, any device on your network can be set up with the software you need and deployed remotely. If you have problems or concerns with the new software, your tech can log into your system to help you get going.
Proactive monitoring with anti-malware and antivirus software is critical with the increasing cyberattacks today. These are comprehensive solutions that scan and maintain your IT security and protect your sensitive data that’s both stored and transmitted. Anti-malware management and monitoring uses anti-spyware, phishing tools, and antivirus solutions to protect your tech resources.
Rather than scheduling hardware and software auditing, your proactive monitoring solution will be doing this. It’s continually collecting information you need including serial numbers, a list of devices, if any are approaching the end of warranty, what software solutions have been deployed, and much more.
Proactive monitoring and management can tell you who is using a workstation or computer device. If you need to limit access to specific users, you’ll know if someone other than an authorized employee tries to use your computers or breach your network.
What Could Happen If We Don’t Use Proactive Monitoring?
You’ll be taking a chance on the reliability and security of your IT infrastructure. This could result in:
- Disruptions to your workflow when staff can’t access the technology solutions they need.
- Lost productivity and increased frustrations for your employees.
- Hardware and software that’s vulnerable to IT security exploits.
- Little issues turning into major problems that require extensive repairs or replacements.
As we said, Proactive Monitoring continually scans and tracks the stability and security of your IT system for maximum uptime, to keep your employees working and your business running. It’s included as part of our Managed Services.
If you liked this article, we have many others that will interest you. Check out our Blog. Here are a few examples of what you’ll find.